Goat Cheese, Walnut and Apple SaladPosted: March 3, 2012
Here’s a quick and healthy salad fix. The goat cheese and walnuts are really the major flavors here – that’s why the vinaigrette is so simple.
This takes about 5 minutes to put together.
• 4 handfuls (about 150g total) mixed lettuces
• 1 cup walnuts
• 150g goat cheese, crumbled
• 2 red apples, chopped
• 1/4 cup oil (olive, sunflower or grapeseed)
• 3 tablespoons lemon juice
• chopped cilantro (optional)
Mix the chopped apples with the lemon juice. It’ll keep them from browning.
Put all the ingredients (including the apples and the lemon juice) in a large bowl and gently stir together.
Serve and top with cilantro.